We may collect information about you in the following circumstances:
(a) when you visit or use any of The Yum Yum Childrens Entertainment Websites or Applications, we may make a record of your visit or use and log your visit or use for statistical and business purposes. Such information includes your server address, domain name, IP address, the date and time of your visit, pages accessed, documents downloaded, previous sites visited and the type of browser used;
(b) when you register to access any of The Yum Yum Childrens Entertainment Websites or Applications or become a member, you may be asked to enter certain information (including your name, address and your email address);
(c) when you:
(i) subscribe to any of the services provided by The Yum Yum Childrens Entertainment Websites (for example, registering for The Yum Yum World Fan Club); or
(ii) purchase any products from The Yum Yum Childrens Entertainment Websites or from our sponsors
we (or our sponsors, partners or providers) will collect details that you enter (eg your name, address, email and credit card / billing information) so that we (or our sponsors, partners or providers) can process your subscription or your order;
(d) if you send us an email message we will record your email address and such other details that are necessary to respond to any requests contained in your email; and
(e) if you engage with us via any of our official social media pages (such as on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter) or via our YouTube channel associated with “ Yum Yum World and Yum Yum Childrens Entertainment”.
Our primary concern is to protect the interests of the children who are our audience and for this reason we may monitor visitors to The Yum Yum Childrens Entertainment Websites. We will not collect personal information that would be unlawful under Australian law, unnecessary or unrelated to our activities or business.
If you do not provide the personal information that we request in connection with our activities, we may not be able to, for example, respond to your query or provide you with the products or services you require.
Depending on the circumstances, you may be able to interact with us by using a pseudonym or anonymously.
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
(a) to provide you with the products, services or experiences you have requested;
(b) to communicate with you about your transaction or respond to your query;
(c) to send you offers and promotions;
(d) to detect suspicious or unlawful use of a Yum Yum Childrens Entertainment Website or Application;
(e) to comply with our legal requirements; and
(f) to improve The Yum Yum Childrens Entertainment Websites and Applications and other products and services and for data analytics.
Generally, we do not release personal information without your consent. However we may release personal information in any of the following circumstances:
(a) if required by law;
(b) in order to provide the service you have requested, for example, if you purchase products online from the Yum Yum Children’s Entertainment Shop, we will need to disclose your personal information to third parties in order to bill and deliver your products or services;
(c) if we suspect your use of any of The Yum Yum Children’s Entertainment Websites or Applications is in breach of any of the relevant Terms and Conditions of use of The Yum Yum Children’s Entertainment Websites or Applications; and
(d) in the case of an emergency or in exceptional circumstances, we may release personal information, including in order to protect our intellectual property and other rights.
From time to time, we may also exchange information with our partners, sponsors and providers. Personal information which may be shared includes your contact details, such as your email address, so that these third parties may contact you directly where permitted to do so. Shared information may also include aggregated anonymised data about the demographics of users of The Yum Yum Children’s Entertainment Websites and/or The Yum Yum Children’s Entertainment Applications, such as age, location, gender and general socio-economic data to provide insights about the users.
- MAILING LISTS
When you register to access or become a member of a Yum Yum Children’s Entertainment Website or download a Yum Yum Children’s Entertainment Application, you may be prompted for your email address. You will be informed when you register that by submitting your email address, you consent to receiving communications by email from time to time. We maintain a mailing list for the purpose of communicating updates, tour information and other information on The Yum Yum Children’s Entertainment and our products to members of the mailing list. If you wish to unsubscribe from such mailing lists, you may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ button which appears at the bottom of our emails to you. We will not use your email address for any other purpose (including adding it to any third party mailing list) without your express approval.
Cookies are small files of information that save and retrieve information about your visit to The Yum Yum Children’s Entertainment Websites. If you do not wish information to be gathered on a cookie it is possible to disable the acceptance of cookies by your web browser. In some circumstances this may mean that you will not be able to take full advantage of some parts of The Yum Yum Children’s Entertainment Websites.
If a Yum Yum Children’s Entertainment Website uses a cookie to deliver content we think will interest you, the cookie may also be used for authentication.
- SOCIAL MEDIA MESSAGING, MESSAGE BOARDS AND FORUMS
Yum Yum Childrens Entertainment Websites and Applications may contain features such interaction in Facebook messaging, Twitter posts, message boards and other forums. Posting personal information in publicly accessible places such as Facebook, Twitter, message boards and forums on the Internet, this information becomes available to anyone with access to the Internet. This information can be collected and used by others, including to send you unsolicited communications. Therefore, we recommend that you use your discretion and exercise caution when providing your personal information on Facebook, Twitter, message boards and forums. We accept no liability for any material or links posted on any Facebook post, Twitter post, message boards or forums on the Yum Yum Children’s Entertainment Websites or Applications.
We respect the privacy of individuals, parents and children and will take all reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure. Our contractors and service providers are also obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal information.
Our contractors who process payments made for subscriptions and other services purchased through Yum Yum Children’s Entertainment Websites and Applications use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software which encrypts information you input. Please ensure you also help protect against unauthorized access to your personal information and passwords by logging out after you have finished using any part of Yum Yum Children’s Entertainment Websites or Applications. For more information on signing in and logging out, please refer to our FAQs.
Despite the foregoing, we will not be held responsible for the consequences of unauthorized access to your personal information. The Internet is not a secure environment. If you use the Internet to send us personal information, it is sent entirely at your own risk.
- ACCESS AND CORRECTION
You are entitled to access and correct the personal information we hold about you or your child and to have any inaccuracies in the information corrected.
If you would like to access, update or correct any of the personal information we hold about you or your child, you may do so by sending us an email to email@example.com or by contacting us using the Contact Details below and informing us that you wish to access or correct your personal information. You may also request that we delete your or your child’s personal information from our records.
There are some circumstances specified by law where we may refuse your access or correction. However, if one of these circumstances applies, we will provide you with a written explanation of the reasons for our refusal, unless it would be unreasonable to provide that notice.
Once we receive your request for access or correction, we will endeavor to respond to your request within 30 days after the request is made. We may also charge reasonable costs for responding to your request.
If you have any concerns or a complaint about a breach of privacy or the way we have handled your (or your child’s) personal information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us using the Contact Details below and inform us of the nature of your complaint.
We will then investigate your complaint and endeavor to provide you with our response within 30 days. If, after receiving our response you still consider that your privacy complaint remains unresolved, you may then, for example, refer your concern to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
- INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS UNDER THE GDPR
If you are located in the EU, you (and your child) have the following additional rights:
- The right to information – you can request confirmation about the following: whether your (or your child’s) personal information is being processed by us; the purpose of processing; the categories of personal information which are processed; the recipients (or types of recipients) who may receive the personal information; the anticipated retention period of the personal information; and your rights to rectification, erasure, to restrict (or object) to processing and to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority.
- The right to object to our processing of your (or your child’s) personal information for (i) direct marketing purposes; (ii) for scientific, historical research or statistical purposes; or (iii) where our processing is based on legitimate interest grounds or because it is in the public’s interest. However, there may be some circumstances where we are not required to stop processing your (or your child’s) personal information. If this is the case, we will provide you with a written explanation.
- The right to erasure – you can request us to erase your (or your child’s) personal information where it is no longer required for a purpose for which it was collected or where, for example, you have exercised successfully your right to object to processing. However, where there are legal or other reasons for us to retain your (or your child’s) personal information, we will provide you with a written explanation.
- The right to restrict processing – in some circumstances, you can request us to restrict our use of your (or your child’s) personal information in which case we will not use or disclose your (or your child’s) personal information while it is restricted.
- The right to data portability – you can request us to provide you with a copy of the personal information you (or your child) have provided to us. We are required to provide it to you in an electronic format that can be reused easily. You can also request us to transfer your (or your child’s) personal information in an electronic format to another entity.
You can exercise any of these rights by email to email@example.com or by mail to Yum Yum Children’s Entertainment Office. U160 10 ghilgai red Merrimac qld 4226
You also have the right to:
- access your personal information and request the rectification of your (or your child’s) personal information, which is addressed in section 10 above; and
- lodge a complaint with a data protection authority if you are unhappy with the outcome of a privacy complaint (see section 11 above). A list of EU data protection authorities is available at https://ec.europa.eu/.
The Yum Yum Childrens Entertainment Office
U160 10 ghilgai rd
Merrimac Qld 4226
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Last Updated: 23 July 2019